Position: PHP Web Developer
Location: nr Redditch, Worcestershire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dep on exp) + Excellent Benefits
MY CLIENT: Is an award winning, service provider that holds an excellent position within the market place. Since the company creation there has been substantial growth which continues year on year and due to further expansion is looking for additional PHP Developers.
JOB PURPOSE: In this technical role, the successful candidate will be responsible for PHP/MySQL web development using the Kohana framework in a LAMP environment. As well as application development, you will be involved in back-end systems development, usability and providing support.
- Responsible for PHP/MySQL web development using the Kohana framework in a LAMP environment
- Involved in back-end systems development, usability and providing support
- Liaising with customers and users
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Computing Science or in a related degree such as Physics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Candidates with suitable commercial experience will also be considered.
- Solid experience with PHP5 and MySQL. Although not essential, it would be beneficial to have experience with a PHP framework eg Zend, Kohana, CakePHP, etc.
- Experience using version control systems e.g Git, SVN or Mercurial - Desirable
- Experience with unit testing. e.g PHPUnit - Desirable
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach towards systems development, and be able to design scalable applications following Object Oriented methodologies.
- A passion for IT technologies and be excited about joining a forward looking business.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Excellent independent troubleshooting skills.
- Although not essential, some commercial experience would be advantageous. Experience with Github (for version control), and Jenkins (for automated builds) would also be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full driving license required due to remote location of the offices
The successful candidate will enjoy a salary of £25,000 -£30,000 plus excellent prospects and an employment package that you would expect from a company that values its employees. If you are interested in this opportunity, and I hope you are, please send your current CV and salary expectations, quoting reference MG111684