Data Analyst. Hertford House. £Competitive + Benefits.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic industry? First Capital Connect carries over 150,000 people into and across the capital each day and employs over 2100 staff across over 100 locations. We are part of FirstGroup Plc, which is the UK's largest transport organisation. We have an excellent opportunity within our Projects department for a Data Analyst. The purpose of the role is to undertake data analysis activities to identify, develop, deliver and monitor business performance at First Capital Connect (FCC).
Responsibilities will include: research, compile, analyse and report on data related to business performance; provide data analysis support to the Business Change team and other Senior Managers across the company; support the preparation of business cases (evaluate options, identify benefits and costs); track project progress and delivery of benefits against plans.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
* Experience of gathering, analysing, modelling, understanding, summarising and reporting complex numerical data
* Experience of compiling and presenting results.
* A track record of delivering work on time and to the required standard.
* Attention to detail, numerical accuracy. * Advanced numerical skills and advanced Excel (and/or other data analysis tools).
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Lotus Notes.
The closing date for all completed applications is 12.00hrs on Friday 10th August 2012. Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a short assessment including an Excel test. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive ongoing training. Your benefits will include subsidised travel on our network and on other TOCs (train operating companies), privilege rate Oyster card, final salary pension and much more.