Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our team.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits.
Cambian Appletree, Frederick St North, Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8RT
Cambian Appletree is a state of the art, newly refurbished, 26 bed locked rehabilitation hospital for female patients with enduring mental illness. Cambian's unique programme combines intensive rehabilitation therapy with patient-centred care plans determined by individual needs.
As an OTA, you will have responsibility for ensuring patients are engaging in meaningful and purposeful activities, in accordance with their therapy program.
Under supervision of Occupational Therapists, you will:
- manage a caseload of patients, contributing towards assessment and treatment of individual’s engagement in daily living skills, productive and leisure activities;
- devise and implement individual and group activities for patients, with an aim of increasing the independence of patients with mental health problems;
- produce handwritten and electronic reports on patient’s progress and taking responsibility for co-ordinating some outcome measures.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and innovative individual.
The ideal candidate will:
- be able to work in a flexible manner have basic computer skills (for report writing)
- have good use of English language (verbally and written)
- have previous experience of working in care settings
- have excellent team working, organisation and time management skills
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post and will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please go to www.vacancies.cambiangroup.com and complete the online application form.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please call Laura Wakefield on 01325 385240
To find out more about us at Cambian visit www.cambiangroup.com.
Closing date: 17th August 2012Please note vacancy may close prior to this date if a large number of applications are received