My Leicestershire based client are a leading supplier of footwear and accessories to the high-street. They are offering an exciting opportunity for a Account Manager. Fashion experience is not essential, what is more important is someone who is very business minded with good numerical skills.
Account Manager - The Role:
- Assist the Account Manager in the day to day running of the accounts.
- To be aware of set margins and help the AM to ensure margins can be achieved.
- Supporting day to day factory emails, chasing samples / prices / testing.
- Understand fit problems, review with AM to affirm understanding.
- Review all critical paths weekly with Senior Manager.
- Work with AM to fully understand packaging requirements, time expectations, processes to placing orders and approving artworks.
- Work towards having full knowledge and understanding of invoicing and payment terms.
- Ensure all specifications are clearly input with correct information into the factories in order to get samples back on time.
- Attend customer development meetings, considering missed options to expand & retain business. Ensuring a high level of customer service & satisfaction at all times.
- Understanding customer needs and profiles to be able to build strategies with AM for future business.
- Identify critical risk areas of the product and ensure the correct technical data is completed & communicated to the factory and any concerns raised to the customer.
- Raising purchase orders with accuracy, negotiating shipment and delivery dates with customers and factories.
- Ensuring packaging is ordered and delivered to the factory in time for production, as well as informing the factory of the correct way to package goods to the customers’ requirements
- Compile, update and maintain the critical path, working to make sure that the correct quality submissions are submitted to the customer within the correct lead-time to enable on time approvals, shipments and deliveries.
- Review development and pre-production samples against original product specification and agree/confirm/sign off manufacturing, performance and fit requirements, as the standard against which bulk production will be measured.
- Be an efficient medium between customer and the factories, mediating and problem solving effectively.
Account Manager - The Candidate:
- The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and ideally an interest in fashion supply.
- Comprehensive numerical skills.
- Business / financial experience
- We are looking for an individual with excellent communication and problem solving skills as well as an analytical eye.
- Good IT skills are essential, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, along with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of SAP B1 would be beneficial.
- You will be committed, driven and extremely enthusiastic with a positive outlook.
- Unfortunately, due to location, we are only able to consider candidates who have a driver’s license and their own transport.