Love Birmingham and want to share your passion for the city with millions of visitors? This is the job for you. We are recruiting an additional Welcome Ambassador to provide a warm welcome to visitors, workers and residents in the vibrant city of Birmingham. The successful Welcome Ambassador will work part time between the hours of 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday and earn £8.25 per hour, rising to £8.45 in April, with benefits and will be based in Birmingham.
As a Welcome Ambassador, you will direct your customers to all the main attractions and be on hand to offer general advice and guidance to ensure they get the most from their visit and leave with a great impression of the City. The day-to-day responsibilities of the Welcome Ambassador includes:
- Providing a warm and professional welcome to visitors, workers and residents
- Patrolling designated beats and offer information and assistance to visitors to the area
- Being pro-active by approaching customers and those who look to be in need of assistance
- Actively promoting the area, observing and reacting to customers’ needs and requests
- At all times, acting in a courteous and professional manner, remembering your position as an Ambassador for the client
- Visiting the businesses in the area to promote all the activities of the local Business Improvement District
- Liaising with Police, security staff/managers on any relevant matters, offering assistance when required
- Monitoring incidents of anti-social behavior and dealing with or reporting as necessary
The successful Welcome Ambassador should possess the following qualities:
- Big personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think on their feet
- Common sense
- Genuine desire to deliver a quality service with a smile
- Passion for Birmingham
- Ability to speak additional languages, is an advantage
These are full time positions starting immediately. Working Monday to Friday. Average working hours will be 20 hours per week.
If you would like to apply for the Welcome Ambassador position in Birmingham, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role. Additional information:
Please note hourly pay will be increasing to £8.45 an hour in April 2017.