Role – Business Development Director x 2
Location – Can be based anywhere in the UK (with regular travel to our head office in West Lothian). As this role covers key international markets, significant international travel will also be required
Contract Type – Permanent
Contracted Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern – Flexible in line with business needs
Salary & Benefits – Competitive and dependent upon experience
Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd… ‘An international, entrepreneurial, brand-led, successful and respected, family business’
Thanks for your interest in this opportunity with Ian Macleod Distillers. We own some of the world’s best loved brands such as Glengoyne, Tamdhu and Edinburgh Gin. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company internet pages and immerse yourself in our colourful history and sample the details of some of our exquisite brands. As we start to tantalise your taste buds and whet your appetite for a career here with us at Ian Macleod Distillers, you’ll really get to understand just why our team members and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Ian Macleod!
It’s a very exciting time here at IMD – we are currently experiencing growth and as our markets mature, our business continues to move from strength to strength… you could say this is just like one of our own fine single malts! We have even bigger plans ahead of us. Our business is thriving and as we expand, we now have a requirement to appoint two additional Business Development Directors into our existing team. It is anticipated that one of the new roles will proactively lead the US and Canadian markets and the other will do the same in the Far East (primarily Taiwan, Korea and China). These roles are the driving force behind our future growth and world beating success.
So, what does our ideal candidate look like? Well, here goes… Highly experienced and successful in sales and business development, a spirits industry and market expert, charismatic, gregarious and a consummate professional with a high level of customer empathy, fanatically goal oriented and impeccably honest and true. If you consider yourself to be a shrinking violet, then this is definitely not the opportunity for you! To be successful in the role, you will need to have 100% acceptance of responsibility for results. Your self-discipline will be key. We want you to be able to ‘knock our socks off’ when you take us through your long list of successes and achievements and be able to demonstrate how your individual pedigree has driven those successes. Combine all of this with your way better than average desire to succeed, your determination and your super human will power and we’ve got ourselves a perfect candidate!
The role itself will challenge even the most confident of sales professionals, but the personal satisfaction you will gain from each of your wins and successes here, will drive and spur you on to continue to challenge yourself and keep bringing in the right results time and time again!
Reporting to the Sales and Brand Director, as a Business Development Director your key responsibilities and objectives will include
• developing and implementing profitable growth strategies for the Region, building brands, market share, top line revenues and profitability with existing customers & distributors and via the sourcing of new customers & distributors.
• building & developing the Consumer franchise within the region and driving, & supporting marketing to drive awareness, trial, and ongoing sales of our brands.
• leading the development and activation of the Region Growth Plans: the overall 3 year regional development plan; individual ‘Tier 1 Country’ Distributor development plans; and Tier 1 Key City Execution plans.
• actively driving the expansion of building consumer relationships through; ‘liquid on lips’ tasting (including working in partnership on occasion with IMD & Distributor Brand Ambassadors), bar tender programs, in-store & back of bar presence, promotions, menu listing and staff training, capturing content for, & supporting the impact of, digital, social media.
• developing and delivering excellent commercial results through development of value focused relationships with selected Distributor partners, ensuring that you work with the distributor sales teams to support the awareness, knowledge and understanding of our brands, and positioning and their driving the sales of our brands.
• supporting the work of our 'Rare Malts’ leader in developing the sales of individual high value vintages and special bottlings sold direct to key individuals and specialist shops
• developing competitive and profitable pricing strategies within the region, which need to be aligned with the overall Company pricing strategies and structures and, where appropriate, reviewing and supervising negotiation of trade terms with retailers and liaising with colleagues as appropriate
• partnering with both the customer service team to ensure smooth and timely support is given to the customer base and order fulfilment processes, and partnering with the finance team to also ensure that the credit and payment arrangements are within Company standards, eliminating over-dues and appropriate for the scale and needs of the customer
• contributing to the management team, introducing the highest levels of professionalism and implementing world class operating standards and processes to prepare the Region for further growth
• acting as a conduit for best practice and external knowledge group-wide and keeping abreast of industry trends and competitor activity, ensuring product, marketing activities, strategic CRM initiatives and operations are setting industry leading standards
Excited? Of course you are! We’ve thrown down the gauntlet to you and it’s up to you to grasp this wonderful opportunity. Go on… convince us why we should endeavour to meet with you. We would love to hear from you by way of your initial CV and cover letter and you can do so by clicking on the apply now link. Remember though, that as an already successful sales professional with fine tuned and effective influencing and negotiating skills, the task of bringing your CV, successes and key achievements to life through your tailored cover letter, should be second nature to you. We have high expectations in these regards and are only looking for the best, so, if that’s you, then please do get in touch!
***No agency contact***