Catering Assistant Manager
Working under the Catering Manager you will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of our award winning Olive Tree Restaurant, Lavender Lodge Tea Room & Bistro and during Christmas trading Ice Cafe.
As Catering Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for managing and motivating staff, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times and assist with the day-today running of the Restaurants. You must have experience in assisting to manage a team within the Restaurant industry and be familiar with high volume catering whilst understanding and implementing Health & Safety standards.
Your days of work will include working 4 days between Monday to Friday every week and alternate weekends. Bank Holidays are required.
Good Salary Package available for the right candidate.
Catering Assistant Manager responsibilities & skills:
• Team members are coached and trained using the appropriate tools and resources
• Creative ideas are discussed with the Catering Manager & Directors
• Excellence of customer service provided by staff
• Processes in place to obtain and respond to customer feedback
• Excellent standards of food preparation and housekeeping established and maintained
• All team members fully understand their job role
• Training needs identified and communicated to the Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
• Performance / disciplinary issues communicated to Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
• All Company and statutory procedures and requirements are adhered to
• Health and safety checks are carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy
• HACCP, Food Safety Act, Food Safety Regulations
• Assisting with staff rota’s around operational needs, paying particular attention to peak trading periods
• Resourcing issues communicated to the Catering Manager /Directors/HR Manager
• Assistance and support offered to colleagues
• Safeguard Company property against theft, loss or abuse, and investigate all security issues
• All staff are briefed regularly regarding security and are trained to be vigilant and aware at all times
• Loss and damage to stock is investigated and minimised
• Ensure correct till and discount procedures are carried out in line with Company procedures. Staff adhere to voids, refunds, etc
• All reported cash discrepancies are investigated
• Confidential information will be kept in accordance with Data Protection Act
·28 days holidays per year (pro-rata)
·Fantastic discounts after 3 months