This role is for Health Service Journal, the UK's pre-eminent health information, insight and networking business. It provides a clear and unbiased view of what's happening now and what's coming up at both political and practical levels, locally and nationally.
Main Purpose of Role:
The Delegate Sales Executive will be part of a team of four selling on HSJ's awards, summits and festivals (and a wider sales team selling sponsorship and recruitment).
This individual will be focussed on selling delegate places; talking to NHS staff of many levels, including chief executives of Trusts for several events including the Patient Safety Congress and HSJ Summit.
- Ensure that personal behaviours reflect those of the business
- Manage your personal sales activity
- Write and implement a sales plan with the ambition of exceeding targets
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the points in the conference cycle at which sales revenue growth can be influenced, and proactively work with marketing and conference producers to ensure that opportunities are maximised in a timely fashion
- To maintain clear visibility of key metrics, including the financials across your portfolio of events to support accurate forecasting including:
- volume of past attendees and expected retention rates
- pricing strategy and personal negotiation outlines
- yield and volume of orders at specific yields targeted and actual
- actual and forecast order volumes and value
- actual and forecast total revenue per conference
- Ensure that time is focused on driving growth through ruthless daily focus on individual activity, ensuring that individual call times are consistently high - achieving the minimum requirement set by your manager
- Maintain a deep understanding of the value proposition for your events - proactively seeking thorough briefs
- Track personal and delegate team activity and revenue, maintaining use of the pipelines and processes
Skills and Experience Required:
This role will suit someone with some sales experience, but is also an opportunity for the right individual to learn sales in this role.
Any experience in selling delegate or awards sales is an advantage but not essential. You will need to be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
We expect this individual to uphold the following principles;
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to train and embrace best practice sales methodology
- Commitment to team ethic and standards
- Respect - demonstrate consistency and reliability in all areas
- Collaborative - display open communication and innovation
- Proactive - take initiative
- Expert - promote business conversations with our clients and be expert in our sector
- Efficient - display excellent time management and prioritisation
- Customer Focused - put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"