Halloween and Christmas Grotto Assistants required at our Lacock, Woodborough and Whitchurch branch
We are looking for enthusiastic, confident and fun individuals to help make our seasonal events special for both children and parents alike!!
You will be helping to keep children entertained whilst visiting us in our fantastic Christmas Grotto & Pumpkin Carving activities.
Previous experience is desirable, though more importantly, a passion for working with children is essential.
The positions are temporary roles and you will need to be available between Mid-October and 24th December 2017, the hours of work will vary between 9.00am and 6.00pm
You will need to be 16+ and have completed your GCSEs.
Event Assistants Responsibilities & Skills:
- To be part of the Whitehall Events Team helping with the organisation and smooth running of Whitehall’s children’s activities and events.
- Ensure all the setting up of tables and chairs etc. has been arranged
- To ensure that all customers have a valid ticket, which is to be handed over prior to sessions starting.
- Taking cash transactions using cash registers
- Liaise with department staff regarding activities and events
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be deemed appropriate frotime to time
- Costumes may need to be worn, i.e. Elf costumes
- Receives visitors, providing refreshments as required
- To maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Deals with all incoming telephone calls and enquiries in a professional manner
- Liaises with managers and staff at the Garden Centres,
- Assists with other routine administration tasks as and when necessary
- 28 days holidays per year (pro rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.