Events and Marketing Administrator
Hours: Full-time permanent (35hr week)
Salary: £27,200 per annum (including £3,500 London Weighting)
Location: London-based preferred
We’re looking for someone passionate about making a difference to communities and tackling inequality and disadvantage.
This job is based in Locality’s London Office. There is scope for flexible working, and the post-holder will be expected to travel across England, with some overnight stays.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 20th February 2017. Interviews will take place in London on Thursday February 23rd.
This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
This role does not have any line management responsibilities. Administrative support is provided by the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant helping with the organisation of events.
The role provides event and communication support across two brands: Locality and My Community.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Lead co-ordination of Locality’s internal and external events, working closely with members of the wider Locality team
- Provide digital marketing support across the Locality and My Community brands including e-newsletters, websites and social media
- Tracking and reporting on event and digital marketing activity
Main duties and responsibilities:
Coordination of events
- Help embed the newly established event process across the organisation
- Source venues, caterers and other logistics as required
- Prepare event marketing materials including online registration forms, e-newsletters and website copy
- Manage the shared event calendar
- Track and record event costs, working within agreed budgets
- Complete a risk assessment for all events
- Arrange feedback forms for all events and record all feedback
- Work with the reception team to coordinate logistics including couriers and printed materials
- Manage logistics for Locality's annual Convention – a two day conference for 600 people
- Attend events across the country as required
Digital marketing support
- Help maintain the Locality and My Community websites including producing and uploading content
- Help prepare and distribute e-newsletters, working with the wider engagement team
- Help manage the Locality and My Community social media profiles
- Assist with internal communications
- Provide general support as needed across the communications and marketing team
- Ensure the CRM (Sales Force) is up to date with event information and attendees
- Track and report on event and marketing activity including social media and website analytics
- Provide reception service cover for Corsham Street when required
General staff responsibilities:
- To work in harmony with the organisation’s strategy, vision and values
- To promote and ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies including Health & Safety, Environmental and Diversity policies
- To work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial manner to support and drive income generation
- To attend and undertake regular supervisions and annual performance appraisals
- To manage and undertake training / professional development as necessary
- To promote the use of technology and be self-servicing
- To work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and communicating effectively with all
- To encourage and support innovation throughout the organisation
- To work in the most resource efficient and effective manner
- To act as an ambassador for the organisation
Any other duties as may be required by the Chief Executive or Head of Communications and Engagement
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following attributes, skills and experience.
The following are Essential
- Experience of organising events in the charity sector on a large and small scale
- Digital communications experience: CMS (Wordpress preferred), social media content production and management, e-newsletter creation and distribution
- Highly organised and able to work within existing systems and processes (manually and/or electronically) and suggest areas of improvement as appropriate
- Able to prioritise and schedule tasks, deal with workload conflicts and deliver to standard
- Excellent written, verbal and online communications and content creation skills, writing copy for different communications channels and audiences
- Excellent digital skills, including use of MS Office suite, Content Management Systems, social media platforms and databases
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work across teams and build effective working relationships internally and externally
The following are Desirable
- Basic filming, photography and design skills eg using Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, InDesign etc).
- Highly organised
- Good communicator
- Proficient user of digital technologies
- Focused on attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to respond to change
- Solutions focused with a can do attitude
- Effective team worker
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Locality.
Candidates should complete the application form and the diversity monitoring form available on Locality's website accessed via the 'Apply' button below.
Please then email your completed application to the recruitment @ locality.org.uk email address (link to this email address also on the next page)