Do you want to work in a luxurious, modern care home where you can contribute to giving residents the highest quality of life? Are you looking for a job where you can develop and grow in your role? Do you want to combine your passion for housekeeping with the ability to making a real difference to the lives of our residents? Is being valued for what you do important?
At Signature we provide exceptional levels of person-centred care to our residents so we only want to recruit the best staff for our communities.
About the Role
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for managing, auditing and monitoring all Housekeeping functions within the Signature home, and ensuring that customer care and service are delivered in a consistent and profitable way. In addition, the Housekeeping Manager should ensure that the housekeeping and laundry services operate according to the Departmental Guideline, and ensure that all Health and Safety measures are in place and adhered to, liaising with all departments as necessary. The Housekeeping Manager should regularly review the manpower requirements of the Housekeeping Department to ensure that sufficient staff are available to deliver the quality of product and service our business requires.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective running of all housekeeping services.
- Prepare the departmental budget for payroll and overheads.
- Contribute to the care home's profit by controlling departmental costs, whilst maintaining service standards and product quality.
- Perform efficient stock control to ensure that cash flow is not tied up unnecessarily and that there is no unnecessary surplus stock on site.
- Carry out regular equipment checks and preventive maintenance reporting to minimise replacement costs.
- Comply with company purchasing procedures, utilising nominated suppliers and providing feedback to Support Office on suppliers and services as necessary.
- Ensure that the laundry service is efficient and carried out on time, with care of all materials and causing the minimum of disruption to residents.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- IT Literacy
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Awareness of waste disposal and infection control techniques
- Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills and managing change
- Good negotiating skills
- Energetic, passionate, proactive, flexible and adaptable
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
These benefits listed below are in place in order to reward our staff for their continual hard work:
- Competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savings on Childcare
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
- Life Insurance
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand. These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is 'delivering peace of mind', peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let's get started!