As a Die Maintenance Team Leader, you would be providing service and support to the Press Shop, contributing to the plant engineering ensuring the timely repair of press tools in a busy maintenance department.
The North East Tier 1 Automotive Supplier based close to Sunderland are internationally recognised and one of the regions leading automotive engineering companies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose tooling problems in the press shop, working as a hands on Die Maintenance Team Leader and also delegating responsibilities appropriately
- Overseeing maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press tools
- Highlighting improvement activities on the press tools
- Ensuring work is progressed efficiently and safely
- Communicating with other departments to ensure work is prioritised
- Conducting staff appraisals
The successful Die Maintenance Team Leader will:
Ideally, you will be a time served Toolmaker from a press tool making background, with previous experience at team leader level. This includes troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution of technical problems.
You will need to have experience in the following disciplines:
- Be an experienced team leader / manager from a tool making background, either time served or through education.
- Be familiar and capable of using various hand tools for grinding. Familiar with stoning and polishing of tool steels
- Have a strong operational knowledge of manual milling machines, lathes/drilling machines, surface grinding machines, Tig / Arc / Mig welding & experience of precision measuring equipment
- Have a good attitude, also flexible to challenges and possible changes whilst be willing to work shifts and overtime
Salary starting - £36,395.04 (including shift allowance) rising to £38,311.66 after probation completion.