As a member of central finance management accounting team this role is responsible for preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets,cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries for our Construction Division. Comply with group’s accounting & statutory policies and ensure a rigorous financial control and reporting environment.
A. Management Accounting : Timely production of accurate management accounts for allocated group companies. Ensure full review of Trial balance. Maintain a monthly checklist of tasks completed and outstanding.
- Ensure all journals are signed and reviewed prior to entering the system to ensure correct nominal accounting.
- Ensure month-end is fully completed by 10th working day.
- Ensure that the debtors are reviewed prior to close > 60 days debtors are justifiable.
- Creditors are reviewed prior to month-end monthly and fully explained.
- Review and approve payroll journals if relevant and ensure it is reconciled monthly to payroll system.
- Balance sheet is reconciled every month and is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities.
- Prepare Management Accounts for a number of companies within the Group. These may vary depending on the business needs.
- Should be able to produce financial statements each quarter and do a qualitative review every half year understating period movements.
- Ensure intercompany balances are reconciled every month.
B. Financial Planning : Provide month-end packs & business forecasting to assist with management decision making.
- Ensure timely production of annual budgets for the entities.
- Producing monthly management accounts comparing them to budgets and last year.
- Produce business forecast as applicable.
- Prepare monthly cash forecast highlighting any issues that are apparent.
- Assist in preparing audit schedules for External Auditors. Deal with all auditors queries for your allocated entities as required
C. Business Partnering: Expected to work as a business partner with all functions and divisions as appropriate and liaise with key functional individuals to ensure up to date operational information is captured in the management accounts.
- Liaise with other functional managers to put the finances and accounts in context and reflect the latest business changes impacting finance.
- Work closely with financial processing team to ensure bookkeeping is accurate and timely.
- Manage, train and mentor assistant management accountant as applicable.
- Review the work produced by assistant management accountant with a view to improving processes and enhancing efficiency.
- Continually review and develop best practice Financial Accounting and Control procedures to maximise efficiency and reduce risk.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Qualified CIMA or ACCA is a strong preference
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as Excel & Word
- Knowledge of SUN Systems or experience in well-known packages is advantageous.
- Balance Sheet knowledge is a prerequisite
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision
Sounds like something for you? If yes, Apply now!