Please note that this is a 6 months entry level Graduate position. Ensure that you check the location before applying for this position.
Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London's most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain an unrivalled insight into a Programme Management career within the public sector. We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and hardworking PMO Analyst within the ICT team that will support a Programme Manager with a large scale ICT programme covering a broad range of ICT Services. The role has no limits on the level of involvement and ownership the successful candidate would be able to achieve, so would suit someone with commitment, flexibility, a hands on approach, ability to learn quickly and with an abundance of talent.
The role will involve tasks such as:
- Overseeing all projects within the ICT Programme, ensuring they are run in accordance with recognised ICT project management disciplines and providing support across the project lifecycle, including risk and issues management, dependency management, progress reporting, budgetary management, resource management, quality management and assurance, testing, and corrective action
- Oversee ICT projects delivered by 3rd parties, ensuring quality and adherence to governance processes
- Working with the Programme Manager to develop the governance regime (including reporting) and ensuring the governance regime is adhered to by all projects
- Setting up and maintaining project documentation repositories, ensuring they are used correctly and consistently by all projects
- Reporting on the progress and status of all projects across the ICT Programme, including financial performance
- Reporting on agreed Programme KPIs, monitoring performance over time
- Recommending changes where performance is found to be unsatisfactory
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Strong knowledge of programme and project management tools, techniques, and methodologies e.g. Prince 2
- Understands the disciplines required to set up a Programme Office and the required governance mechanisms to make sure it is used effectively to deliver successful projects.
- Knowledge of typical problems associated with the implementation of ICT projects.
- Budget Management capability
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to communicate effectively internally and externally using good inter-personal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Professional demeanour and presentation at all times
- Good understanding of the public sector
- Ability to use IT applications and to be self-servicing in respect of word processing, spreadsheets (including data analysis), email and the internet
£400 per week