Join in the festive spirit at Whitehall Garden Centre this winter by working at our fabulous Ice Rink! We are currently recruiting for Ice Marshalls to look after our customers at Lacock.
You will need to have ice skating experience as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Ice skates will be provided with this position.
Applicants must also be able to work at least 35 hours per week and be willing to work in an outdoor winter environment.
The positions are temporary roles and you will need to be available between Mid-October 2017 and early January 2018, the hours of work will vary between 8.00am and 8.00pm
You will need to be 16+ and have completed your GCSEs.
Ice Marshall Responsibilities & Skills:
- To be part of the Whitehall Events Team helping with the organisation and smooth running of Whitehall’s Ice Rink.
- To issue skating footwear to customers prior to a skating session and to take back footwear at the conclusion of each session.
- To ensure that all customers have a valid ticket, which is to be handed over prior to sessions starting.
- Taking cash transactions using cash registers
- To assist in the organisation and smooth running of the Ice Rink
- To ensure that the Ice Rink is prepared at all times for the customers, including setting up and dismantling equipment and cleaning facilities
- To ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
- To maintain the agreed standards of safety and behaviour within the facility.
- To provide day to day assistance to the public as required and where necessary provide first aid if qualified or seek first aid support.
- Ensure all faults, damage, accidents, incidents and any other occurrences are dealt with immediately, recorded daily and reported to the Centre Manager if necessary.
- To ensure Ice Skates are sharpened if necessary following relevant Health and Safety regulations.
- To undertake general labouring duties such as cleaning and litter picking duties around the Rink.
- Ensure all members of the public have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
- 28 days holidays per year (pro rata)
- Fantastic discounts after 3 months
- Free Parking
Only applicants successfully shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.