We are recruiting a Senior HR advisor to join the HR team in London. The ideal candidate will be a CIPD Qualified (Level 7) with experience working in a fast paced environment with experience working Trade Unions desirable. Working in all-encompassing role the Senior HR advisor will be responsible for providing a professional and responsive service to a business of more than 800 employees.
The Senior HR Advisor will be responsible for the timely delivery of all aspects of Human Resources, this involves providing support where appropriate within the recruitment process, attending and supporting the business with employee relations and engagement along with ongoing project work.
- Working with the relevant managers and Recruitment Advisor to deliver departmental resourcing requirements and ensure we attract and select the best possible candidates includes advising on/managing all stages of the recruitment life cycle.
- To work with the Recruitment Advisor to develop targeted strategies to address areas where we have retention difficulties and/or difficulty with attracting candidates).
- Oversee the induction/probation process and support managers as appropriate.Advising managers on carrying out Investigations, Disciplinary hearings and grievance meetings.Overall responsibility for the caseload and for supporting managers in meetings.
- Support and advice managers on carrying out performance management of staff.
- Advise managers on the management of sickness cases both short and long-term.Attend MFA/Capability meetings as appropriate.
- Providing comprehensive advice to employees and respond to queries relating to their employment and terms and conditions of service.
- Oversee reward and recognition processes as required. E.g. Annual pay reviews for your area.
- Working with the Senior HR BP to develop MI reports as required in support of your Departments /the wider business.
- Previous experience of working in a generalist HR BP role.
- Experience of building strong relationships with Trade Unions
- Proven experience of working with full range of employee lifecycle processes outlined in key responsibilities
- Previous experience of using an HR Information System, preferably PSE.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Up-to-date knowledge and proven application of employment legislation.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of railway terms and conditions.
- Willing to travel (CRCL is geographical spread between London and Stourbridge).
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Final salary pension and free/reduced rate rail travel.
To apply for the role please apply by the closing date of 06/10/2017.