We have been instructed by our industry leading Client to find a Graphic & Structural Designer for one of their plants in Scotland.
The Client provides packaging solutions to a range of leading FMCG brands. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Graphic & Structural Designer to join their business. Based out of Glasgow, you will be part of a team in a busy design department reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will work with the internal sales team to create artworks suitable for flexographic printing processes.
In addition, it will be important to work closely with the production team to ensure that all artworks are designed with plant and machine efficiencies in mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To produce and artworks to suit the flexographic printing capabilities of our sites and equipment.
- Develop original packaging solutions using design technology and create product sample prototypes for customer review and approval.
- Help with quote requests by providing technical information on packaging specifications and gain production approval of new products.
- Work with sales, customer services and operations to ensure excellent communication and coordination of both structural and graphic design work.
- To act and behave in a safe manner that ensures safety and wellbeing and that of your colleagues and complies with legislation and site safety rules.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years’ work related experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of packaging and the flexographic printing process.
- Knowledge of artwork layout to suit cutter and printing tolerances.
- Knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite focusing on Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience of Esko software would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of FEFCO style codes, corrugated material grades and design principles
- Knowledge of cutting tables, cutting die use and layout to suit printing needs.
- Artios CAD experience would be preferred, however experience of other CAD systems would also be considered.
- Experience of CAPE software would be an advantage.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including outlook.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
Desirable Skills and Experience
Experience in reprographics and designing packaging for the spirits industry would be a real advantage
If this sounds like an opportunity that motivates you then please send your CV through to Lee Narraway at ProCore Solutions Ltd